Yoga is a great way to relax and calm the mind and body. Here are some yoga positions you can do throughout the day to help you stay relaxed:
- Child’s Pose (Balasana): This pose is great for calming the mind and relieving stress. Start on your hands and knees, with your knees wide apart and your toes touching. Lower your hips towards your heels, and stretch your arms out in front of you. Hold for several breaths.
- Cat and Cow (Chakravakasana): This pose is a gentle way to warm up the spine and release tension in the back. Start on your hands and knees, with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. As you inhale, arch your back and lift your head and tailbone towards the ceiling. As you exhale, round your spine and tuck your chin towards your chest.
- Downward-Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana): This pose is a great way to stretch the entire body and relieve stress. Start on your hands and knees, with your hands slightly in front of your shoulders. Lift your hips up and back, straightening your arms and legs, and press your heels towards the ground.
- Standing Forward Fold (Uttanasana): This pose is great for releasing tension in the neck, shoulders, and back. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and fold forward from the hips, letting your head and arms hang. You can bend your knees as much as you need to.
- Legs up the Wall (Viparita Karani): This pose is great for reducing stress and anxiety, and can be done against a wall or with a bolster under your hips. Lie on your back with your hips close to the wall, and lift your legs up against the wall. Relax your arms by your sides, and focus on your breath.
Remember, these poses are not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. If you have any health concerns, talk to your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.